About Me

My photo
My Name is Travis Evans. I have been married since 2007 to my wife, Kira Evans. We have a Three girls, Kenzie Lou, Jacee Pink, and Emmy Jeanne. My wife has been doing the blog thing for a few years now, you can follow her comments @ travisandkiraevans.blogspot.com. Her blog covers our family and things we have done. Me, I'm going to cover what I call TKDesign. TKDesign is an idea which stands for creativity, execution, purpose, and family. Family with the "TK." TK gets its roots from a high school love story. A simple representation of two teenagers love, T+K. In our later years we dropped the "+" and now "TK" represents us, our family, and our values. Design, as the English dictionary defines it; to create, fashion, execute or construct according to plan, to have a purpose, to devise for a specific function or end, to make a drawing. We can sum up the definition with these three words; Creativity, Execution, and Purpose. You put these four things together; Family, Creativity, Execution, and Purpose and you have the idea of TKDesign. So you'll get my thoughts on sports, cars, designs, and my family. So if that Interests you feel free to read on!

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Did she do it...

Kira took her NCLEX examination on Monday morning. The test is a reactive test were the more questions you get correct the harder they get. The goal to pass is to stay above the passing curve. If you drop below you have to work your way back up. There was a possibility of 265 questions and a minimum amount of 75.  You could be there an hour or you could be there for six hours.  Well, that is what Kira what Kira tells me anyways. Then they can check on the Utah Division of Occupational and Professional Licencing Licensee Look up and Verification System to see if they have become a registered nurse (a state website). The system updates the following day around 11pm. So yesterday night she was getting very anxious and nervous to see if she passed. I volunteered to check for her. So at 10:58pm I tried checking on my phone and the site wasn't updating. So Kira hoped on her phone to check...


Her name came up in the search. this meant that she passed her test and is now a Licenced Registered Nurse, Kira Evans RN. This process reminds me of my FE exam. It is the Fundamentals of Engineering. The University of Utah requires you to take it to get your BS. Basically the similar equivalent to her certification. I guess there is a PE that is more of a Certification. Anyways a similar process. We had two four hour tests on a Saturday and had to use bubble sheets. Our results took eight weeks because it was graded against all other applicants taking the test and 70% passed and 30% failed. We are so proud of Kira for passing her test and becoming an RN. I know I have someone certified to care for me now. In honor of the journey of the past 7 years I wrote this for her. I love you Kira and we are very proud of what you have done.



No comments:

Post a Comment